Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Jake Wesley Rogers - "Hindsight"


I'm WAY late to this amazing talent and apparently just incredible human being (I've read so many kind comments on his YouTube videos...even those who don't care for his appearance and sexuality have the kindest things to say about his performance, music and talent).
The first song I heard just two days ago was "Hindsight".
Being old and knowing that hindsight IS 20/20?
I IMMEDIATELY looked to see if he was performing anywhere near me and, while bopping/swayging/being carried away by this fantastic songwriter and performer, I grabbed tickets despite the concert being three months away.
There was NO way I was going to look back knowing I passed on the opportunity to witness one of his performances live. Like...I would ABSOLUTELY kick myself for NOT seeing him perform (also...I'm not sure of Rogers' pronouns of choice so I'm defaulting to he/him until I'm aware otherwise at which time I'll absolutely edit this post).
Rogers is so unapologetically himself that you can't help but be attracted to someone the charisma that comes with being incredibly confident in knowing oneself that well. That unabashed honesty smothers his music in a honey that all of us, no matter who you are, can relate to as many of hide behind social conditioning that prevents us from attaining, and constantly wishing for or searching for, being undeniably truthful to our inner selves.
I haven't seen the movie "Bros" but the track in the video above was apparently part of the soundtrack as it was referenced constantly in the comments of the video.
I'll stop my gushing over an artist that I believe is, fortunately for all of us, going to be around for a very, very long time and will become a much bigger part of pop culture moving forward.

Jake Wesley Rogers' Socials: Official Site Spotify Apple Music Instagram Twitter YouTube Facebook Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment